Get Involved in Research
Shaping Research Agenda
- We want to ensure that research for adults with cerebral palsy reflects the needs and interests of people living with cerebral palsy. We also want to improve how researchers communicate research findings so that research is accessible to everyone.Our advisory panels consist of people with cerebral palsy and professionals who work with researchers to shape the research agenda for adults with cerebral palsy. If you are a person with cerebral palsy or a health professional working with people with cerebral palsy we want to hear from you if you:
- Want to shape the research agenda for adults with cerebral palsy
- Want to learn more about medical research
- Are happy to discuss your views and listen to others
- Want to work with researchers, other people with cerebral palsy, and other health professionals
- As part of our advisory panels you may be asked to talk to researchers about their research, sit on panels to advise on specific studies, review research findings and help researchers to share them with people with cerebral palsy and health professionals. You don’t need any research experience to be involved. We’ll support you in any way we can.If this sounds interesting and you would like to join a panel of people with cerebral palsy or a panel of health professionals please complete this form.
Take part in a Research Study
- There are lots of types of research studies that you can become involved with. Some involve completing a survey or taking part in an interview. Others involve being part of a clinical trial. We will advertise any studies that are looking for adults with cerebral palsy to participate here.
- Studies to get involved in
- Postgraduate student in Psychology at University of Limerick is conducting research to investigate how adults cope with Cerebral Palsy. They are recruiting both male and female adults (18+) with a diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy to answer some short online questionnaires. A link to more information and the questionnaires can be found here
- Psychological and Social Well-being in adults with Cerebral Palsy – a survey for adults who are over 18 and live in the UK or Ireland. Those people who complete the survey will be offered the opportunity to be entered into a prize draw to win one of five £20 Amazon vouchers. The survey can be accessed at this link
- The views and perspectives of adults with cerebral palsy about physiotherapy – a questionnaire
- Exploring the experiences of young adults with Spastic Bilateral Cerebral palsy (SBCP) who successfully engage in regular sports and exercise to help manage their fatigue
- You may also find information about trials that are recruiting in the UK on the UK Clinical Trials Gateway website.